This was just part of the preparation for the meal featured on the next article but I wanted to post it to share the benefits of Parisian mushrooms and mangos.
- Mushrooms :
– provide about 3 grams of fiber which benefits the digestive system and reduces the risk of heart disease and metabolic syndrome.
– naturally low in sodium, fat, cholesterol, and calories and have often been referred to as « functional foods. »
- Mangos :
– high in antioxidant compounds that have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzymes.
– high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically Low-Density Lipoprotein (the bad stuff).
– can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mangos help clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
– supply 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
– alkalizes the whole body.
– mixed with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm from overheating. From an ayurvedic viewpoint, the reason people often get diuretic and exhausted when visiting equatorial climates is because the strong “sun energy” is burning up your body, particularly the muscles. The kidneys then become overloaded with the toxins from this process.
– boosts the immune system.