Fun fact : everybody around me can eat a veggie burger and not spill a thing but everytime I take a bite, everything crumbles *sad face*.
- Soy steak
- 5 Potatoes
- Salt, black pepper
- Veggie Chips (They are store-bought)
- Dried cayenne peppers
- Red onion
- Vegetable oil
- Cook your soy steak in olive oil with the fresh herbs (cilantro, aneth, parsley)
- Shred your potatoes and rince them in water
- Rinse shredded potatoes in cold water , mix until the water gets cloudy, drain and squeeze dry
- Put the shreds in a bowl and mix in the salt, black pepper and cornstarch until evenly distributed
- Heat about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, place your previously formed potatoes in the pan and cover the whole bottom of the pan. Cook until nicely browned on the bottom (which I obviously did not do because I was in a hurry), then flip over and brown on the other side
- Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels, season with salt and pepper and use them as buns for your burger
- The veggie chips are : beets , sweet potato, banana & carrots
Any questions about this recipe, feel free to ask.